Friday started out very interesting with a call from the Plymouth County Sheriff's office informationg me that a robbery had taken place. Gave me a full description of the alleged criminal. Not sure if that was comforting or not.
I took my first trip to downtown Marion on Friday to try and find the post office. Downtown consists of these quaint small streets with no parking. All the buildings are right on the sidewalk with little or no front yard. I did locate the town lot and pulled in there. Something tells me though, that come summer this may be a place to avoid. I walked over to the post office to mail some packages only to find that the post office closed. I asked a woman standing there getting mail from her PO box what was the story and she told me that the post office closes daily from 11:00 am til noon! As I left the post office I noticed people out walking around; greeting one another in front of the historical society beside the post office. there is a definite small town atmosphere.
Since the post office was closed, I decided to stop in a check out the Marion General Store. It is actually a small grocery store. Very handy since the next nearest grocery store is all the way to Wareham. 7 or 8 miles. They have the butcher's counter; a selection of produce, household items and fresh bakery products. Plus a small selection of beer, wine and liquor. I met Jack. After I mentioned that I had just moved to town, he readily introduced himself and shook my hand. My goal is to get well enough known so that people will call out my name on sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment