The water in the cove fascinates me. I never knew that water could be so many different colors. It changes from day to day. One morning it was smooth as glass all pink and gray. The day of the storm; it reflected the fury. All gray, rough with white caps. Today on a quiet, cold winter day. It has a bright blue color reflecting the bright sky. There are rough spots, but over near the shore are these quiet spots where the water remains calm.
Every morning when I get up, the first thing I do is check the cove. I check the color the water and then sit with God in prayer. I never thought of water as a living thing, but it really seems to have a changing personality.
Marion, MA
The Marion cove is horseshoe shaped and I live just about on the tip of one end of the horse shoe. I can see across the cove to the other side easily. (No I can't see Russia) I drove up the road on the other end of the horse shoe and the houses out there are huge, ocean front properties and a private golf course. This side of the cove seems much more down to earth.
Behind me is a conseration area called the Aucoot Outlets leading out to Aucoot Cove. Much of this land was donated to the town and is being preserved in it s natural state. It is different living on the water with all the boatyards and the marinas. To get my residency sticker I have to go see the harbormaster. I guess as long as I don't have to prove I can swim I will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment